Sunday, February 1, 2009

FAT32 Format

I want to use my removable hard disk on both Windows and Linux machines. The problem was that Linux does not support NTFS and I could not format my disk to FAT32 in Windows XP. Using "format x: /fs:fat32" command ended in vain because it was larger than 32 GB. I also tried to format in Windows Vista but it still did not work in Linux. Later, I found a small and easy to use freeware program called fat32format.exe that can format large hard disks very fast. Just partition the drive, then type "fat32format X:" where X is the partition letter. Formatting a drive in FAT32 will allow it to be read by other operating systems, such as Mac, Linux, older versions of Windows, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and don't be surprised if your comment does not appear promptly.